I don’t get to post enough, but the important thing now are the apps….
I am a happy owner of an electric car since the end of last year.
But the technology is still new and has a few problems, such as charging far from home. And since the charging process at certain 22 kW charging stations (EnBW) occasionally stops at some point, I have written an app to monitor the process.
This would open Personal Sunrise to all kind of senseful and senseless usages:
- use all kind of dimmable devices
- open the stores at wakeup time
- control the heating that it starts to heat at start of the wakeup sequence
(These are the items I would use it for – I use FHEM here in my appartment 😉
Any ideas? Anybody interested?
in the version history (https://android.chk.digital/personal-sunrise/version-history/), and you’ll understand why I am angry with Google.
The operating system used to be clean and (relatively) easy to program apps for, but in the meatime it has become a mine field of problems showing up with each new version.
sorry, screenshots in German… This is what will come next:
The multiple Hue configurations are delayed – the customer asking for them did choose not to use the app any more, so there’s no urgent need. It’s nearly finished though. The rest is finished. I guess I will release the 1.8.4 this weekend.
Well, finishing is just before starting… while I thought the Hue subject would be closed, customer requests and my own experiences causing me to make some additions:
- Hue will be WiFi location aware, meaning you can define different Hue constellations in different networks. This also suppresses the “bridge not found” warning when you’re in a different network and you start ‘Personal Sunrise’.
- You can choose to save some energy by suppressing the illumination on the device’s screen while the sequence is active in the Hue system. It will, however, light up at alarm time.
- And I will be working on the ability to have multiple Hue configurations assignable to different alarm templates. Then you can have different sunrise colors for different days, or for different rooms to wakeup (i.e. not to wake up the partner on very early days, sleeping in a differnt room).