… with the fixes and enhancements of the last beta(s)
an update with changes requested by customers:
- default date for a new alarm is “today” if the time is between midnight and 3 o’clock – thanks to Juerd
- rewrite of the bedside clock (more items to display: weather, moon phase, …, and an optional separate color for bright environment) – thank you, Stefan
Found some way to find out the information about the power supply (high/normal load) which would be important information, and I added the code, yet the S5 seems not to support it, at least with CyanogenMod. S4 does not even with Lineage OS 14.1.
In that context, I added some more information to the battery state like blinking on error/low state.
No, I’m not in summer vacation, but I’m working limited time, the better the weather is, the less I’m working. Sorry. Personal Sunrise is relatively mature, it does not need many changes, and I can choose what and when I improve it.
Yet I did use the recent stormy days and some nights (and a suggestion of a customer) to improve the “clock” feature. The improvements are:
- more information snippets (weather forecast: wind, temperature, and moon phase)
- an optional second color for the daytime (improves readability in bright environment)
- and the clock now also overlays the lock screen, so in connection with the dock/power state checking of Personal Sunrise the clock starts automatically when you put the device in the dock (or plug in the power cord), even when it is switched off and locked. It just works.
- a feature still to be done is a screensaver feature of the displayed items changing positions so that the burn-in is as low as possible
A beta version is available now, the release is not yet done. If you are interested, please drop me a mail.
And a larger “to do” is to make Personal Sunrise fit to “smaller” devices’s screens like the recent “phablets”… Some configuration pages cannot be used on these, for example choosing a sound stream is near to impossible. The app just was not designed for smartphones.
This was kind of evolutionary work of Bill (testing on several devices) and me, sorry about two intermediate updates, of which one was necessary due to hiccups in the Developer Store’s beta version system.
I hope the YACO work is now finished, and I can get back to Personal Sunrise (a lot of people uninstalling, which is kind of disappointing, but nobody cares to tell a developer the reason… I wish Google would have added a dialog at uninstallation time where a customer can enter something for feedback).
… until the next ideas pop up …
Several changes in the FHEM module:
- name changes of variable or function was not remembered
- on some installations,(at least on one), a connection was not possible (GA protocol bytes) – this did not matter here… Whatever is different.
- the app could “hang” if the connection was not successful
- added SSID “filter” so that it only works in the own Wifi network
Special thanks to Hendrik, who even gave me Wireshark protocols which led me into the right direction…! Wouldn’t have found it without him (and his patience of testing and testing and…)
- TTS (text-to-speech) output: the selection of TTS for actions was not a checkbox, thus never selectable
- TTS on the S7 with Nougat does not work -> Todo
- S7 using Nougat: Popups with unsupported_display_size_message -> ToDo?
- S7: Internet-Sound-Streams: filter display too large, the edit boxes are not displayed -> ToDo