see history – a lot of new things!
I would have liked to integrate Spotify, but as I also include “other streams” for the alarm sound, so it is not allowed:
Section IV: Restrictions
Spotify Content Restrictions
- Integration with Third Party Services. You shall not create any product or service by integrating the Spotify Platform, Spotify Service, or Spotify Content with (i) any non-interactive internet webcasting service or (ii) with streams from another service.
The Android SDK is explicitly prohibited from use for in-car apps, re-streaming aka “listen together” apps, alarm tones, ring-tones, voice-assistants, and offline experiences for wearable or other devices.
Well then… no Spotify in the app.
When I returned from vacation, I wanted to see the path of the plane and use MAPS, but also wanted to see the speed and height. MAPS does not show any GPS data -OSM would do, but I had not all maps available on my device. Thus I added some GPS items:
- count of satellites
- climb/sink rate
These items are located in a new line, which disappears if GPS is not deactivated, not using any device resources, until GPS is activated again.
an update with changes requested by customers:
- default date for a new alarm is “today” if the time is between midnight and 3 o’clock – thanks to Juerd
- rewrite of the bedside clock (more items to display: weather, moon phase, …, and an optional separate color for bright environment) – thank you, Stefan
Found some way to find out the information about the power supply (high/normal load) which would be important information, and I added the code, yet the S5 seems not to support it, at least with CyanogenMod. S4 does not even with Lineage OS 14.1.
In that context, I added some more information to the battery state like blinking on error/low state.
No, I’m not in summer vacation, but I’m working limited time, the better the weather is, the less I’m working. Sorry. Personal Sunrise is relatively mature, it does not need many changes, and I can choose what and when I improve it.
Yet I did use the recent stormy days and some nights (and a suggestion of a customer) to improve the “clock” feature. The improvements are:
- more information snippets (weather forecast: wind, temperature, and moon phase)
- an optional second color for the daytime (improves readability in bright environment)
- and the clock now also overlays the lock screen, so in connection with the dock/power state checking of Personal Sunrise the clock starts automatically when you put the device in the dock (or plug in the power cord), even when it is switched off and locked. It just works.
- a feature still to be done is a screensaver feature of the displayed items changing positions so that the burn-in is as low as possible
A beta version is available now, the release is not yet done. If you are interested, please drop me a mail.
And a larger “to do” is to make Personal Sunrise fit to “smaller” devices’s screens like the recent “phablets”… Some configuration pages cannot be used on these, for example choosing a sound stream is near to impossible. The app just was not designed for smartphones.